What is the ACT➔Forward scholarship program?
The ACT➔Forward scholarship program is designed to assist students who are completing a professional degree in the United States. College fees and costs can be overwhelming and often include unexpected expenses. Therefore, the program targets scholars in their final year prior to graduating and provides them with a limited financial bridge up to their graduation. The program also offers mentorship if needed.
Firstly, to be eligible for the ACT➔Forward program, the scholar must:
- Be Lebanese, or of Lebanese descent;
- Pursue a degree in the fields of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), law, or liberal arts;
- Be in demonstrable financial need;
- Have and maintain an excellent academic record (at or above 3.0/4.0 GPA);
- Expect to graduate within 12 months of receiving the scholarship;
- Be actively seeking employment in his/her field of study; and
- Have drive and ambition to be the next leader in her/his field.
In addition, this scholarship program follows a pay-it-forward philosophy. Although not “legally” required, following graduation and employment, the grantee is expected and encouraged to assist another student through the ACT->Forward scholarship program.
Most importantly, this program is designed to be self-sustained through the continuous efforts and contributions of the generations of recipients. Your generous donation will not only help sustain this vital scholarship program, but also help expand it to assist more and more students, and have a compounding effect on generations to come.
By donating today, you will assist the next generations in their efforts to achieve a brighter future through education.